Quality, Holistic Foods We Carry:
(Click on category you wish to view below)
"Food should be our medicine
and our medicine should be our food"
What We Feed Our Dogs
It is my belief that what we put into the bodies of our dogs directly affects their heath. Without proper nutrition, even the most genetically sound dogs will not reach their full potential and could also have health problems as a result.
What you feed your dog is probably one of THE most important decisions you'll make for your dog.
While fresh air, sunshine, rest, exercise, temperence and fresh, clean drinking water is important, I have always
believed that nutrition is the key to optimum health in our dogs.
Being a certified small animal nutritionist, I have done and continue to do much research into
""canine/carnivore" nutrition in order to determine what is the best and most appropriate
diet for optimum health for our dogs.
There is much conflicting information and many unsubstantiated claims rampant these days and if one does not take the time to research and study out the facts in the heated debate over whether processed food is better than a raw meat and bone diet then you may be very confused.
Below is a list of the most questions I am asked regarding feeding a SARF (Species Appropriate Raw Food) diet to our dogs:
1. How much do I feed my dog?
2. How often should I feed my dog?
3. What are the benefits of a fresh food raw diet?
4. How will I know if my dog is getting a balanced meal?
5. Won't a diet change upset my dog's digestive tract?
7. What can I do if my dog gains too much weight?
8. What about bacteria in raw meat and bone diets?
8. Are parasites a concern in raw or cooked meat?
9. Are there special considerations for Puppies and Senior
10. Do I need to feed supplements?
If you too would like answers to these questions or have questions not mentioned above please read Dr. Jeannie's articles on nutrition and/or set up a consultation with Dr Jeannie today.
While a raw meat and bones diet is what is best for our carnivore companions, some circumstances and fears keep people from jumping right in to feeding raw. For these reasons, we do have a couple of recommeded, diets available for transistioning.